Experts Predict the Future of Robotics 2019 – Life Changing Events
What can we expect in robotics in 2019? Our first predictions roundup was so popular that more industry leaders felt compelled to weigh in with their prognostications.
Can collaborative robots get more precise? Could robotics save retail stores? And what do the Internet of Things and quantum computing mean for autonomous systems and artificial intelligence? Some of the experts told Robotics Business Review that they expect exoskeletons to serve both high-end uses requiring precision and low-end ones for workers and possibly even consumers.
One of the questions we’ve been asked most often at holiday parties is, “What do you think of self-driving cars?” This is usually followed by a statement of whether or not the questioner trusts the technology, but the responses below paint a more complex picture, involving insurance, regulators, and truck drivers.
Here are the expert opinions (edited for length):
More of Robotics in Review:
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: The Year in Robotics
- 6 Service Robot Questions to Be Answered at CES 2019
- 2018 Year in Review: Top Trends in Robotics, AI, and Automation
- Trends and Takeaways From the 2018 AI World Conference
- Mobile Cobots Reach for the Stars in Japan
- 5 Robotics Takeaways From RoboBusiness 2018
- Cobot Arms, Grippers Offer Manufacturers Value at IMTS
- Array of Assistive Robots Arrives at Automatica 2018
- Lessons From LiveWorx: Highlights of the Robotics & AI Summit
- 2018 RBR50 List Names the Leading Robotics Companies of the Year
- 5 Machine Vision and Cobot Takeaways From The Vision Show